Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Comic

Project - Draw two self portraits a day for 4 days, and on the fifth day present your self portraits in an installation that enhances our understanding of you. This is the first self portrait I created from this project. It is a comic view from the camera on my computer. The way the picture obscured my face appealed to me. I feel as if people do not really see me for who I really am at first. They have this blurred comic view of me. After all, an interior designer, fashion consultant, shopping connoisseur, United States Marine and ballroom dancer may be a little difficult to figure out right away.


















I call this a self portrait for the very reason that if you are ever exposed to my energetic side than you know I am all over the place. So, as you look at this self portrait you can see the lines are bouncing off the walls, are pulsing with colorful energy, and movement representing me on one of my energetic days.
P.S. Follow the purple lines.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

Wow, I really liked the first one. It has a very unique look to it. I guess it interesting looking at how the sides of the face look different. Very nice. keep up the work.