Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Face Value

There are character traits that I see myself portraying, as well as people and activities that are a part of my life. I chose to display these character traits, and interests by pulling all of them out of my face leaving it obscured, and blank. When one looks at another he or she can not tell right away what that person's character traits, and interests are. He or she has to observe, and ask questions of that person to discover who they are. Do not take anyone for just face value. Invest yourself in their life.















Gardening, and landscaping is a love of mine, so I wanted to make a self portrait using God's beautiful creation. I accomplished this by making a mask to again, symbolize the fact that I have many interests behind my outward appearance. In addition to this initial meaning, this piece also portrays my love for the theatre, and for dance.

No comments: