Friday, September 21, 2007

Hard Like An Egg

When someone is trying to describe an object that is hard, people generally think, "oh it's hard like a rock". I experimented with an egg by placing it in my hand and squeezing with a generous amount of force. To my amazement the egg did not break. The result from this experiment is my egg project. The egg is precariously sitting on top of a rock sculpture juxtaposing the characteristics of a hard, yet fragile object. A rock is cracked by chiseling at it, or by cracking it and similarly an egg.














This clearer picture is for you to be able to see the sculpture more accurately. Please enjoy, and if you would like to buy this beautiful sculpture please send me a message, and we will work something out.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

I've actually tried squeezing the egg like you were talking about, and it didn't break. If you squeeze the egg on its side it will break though...I guess there something supporting the egg vertically that makes it seemingly indestructible. niuce work on the project. Has anyone bought it yet?