Sunday, December 9, 2007

Designers ( Peter Marino)

I was introduced to Peter Marino during my sophomore year at Liberty University when during my spring break I had the opportunity to have interviews with six of the best interior designers in the world, according to Architectural Digest January, 2000. One of those designers was named Marc Charbonnet, and Marc was the man who told me about Peter Marino. From there I have discovered that I really enjoy a lot of his work. I consistently enjoy how he combines his skills in interior design as well as those of an architect. It really comes to the forefront in some of his retail spaces for Chanel as well as his interiors for Armani. There are times that I look at his residential or hotel/spa designs and juxtapose them with his corporate and condo designs and con not believe that the same guy has designed both of these. I admire the ability to combine the two skills of architecture and interior design. Thankfully I am in an interior architecture program which also fuses the two design skills.

No comments: